What are dental implants in Dexter, MI?
Dental implants are an extremely versatile tool for replacing missing or damaged teeth because their titanium post can support a single prosthetic crown or even a full arch of new teeth. They are comprised of three components:
- The titanium post, or screw, acts as the tooth root. Once your oral surgeon has placed the post into the empty tooth socket, it spends the next several months integrating with your jaw bone.
- The metal abutment acts as the connecting piece. After the post has properly fused with the jaw bone, the abutment is attached, allowing your restorative dentist to connect the prosthetic crown.
- The prosthetic crown is designed to look just like a natural tooth, and it will be custom designed to fit seamlessly into your mouth. Once it has been attached to the post via the abutment, the restoration is complete.
What are the benefits of this restoration option?
With so many options available for replacing missing teeth, you may be wondering how you know which solution is right for you. In most cases, your health, current condition, and preference are the largest contributing factors. If you are healthy enough to undergo the treatment, we strongly recommend dental implants in Dexter, MI.
They provide patients with the most benefits when compared to other tooth replacement options. When replacing a single tooth or several teeth, another common option is a tooth-supported bridge. While this choice will restore your smile and regain some oral function, its drawbacks include the need to be replaced after several years of wear. They also require the grinding down of your healthy teeth. Dental implants, on the other hand, are self-supportive. You do not have to sacrifice your other teeth to restore your smile.
Patients looking to restore a full arch or mouth of teeth often thing traditional dentures are their only option. The All-on-4® treatment concept, however, uses a dental implant-base to provide a much more advantageous solution to severe tooth loss. The most common benefits seen with implant restoration include
- Prevention of bone loss. Their integration with the jaw bone prevents it from losing stimulation and deteriorating.
- A natural appearance. They are designed to look just like your natural teeth, so no one will even know they’re there.
- Full functionality. Their unique three-part design allows them to function just like natural teeth, which means you can eat whatever you want.
- Easy care. Caring for dental implants is as easy as caring for your other teeth; just brush twice and floss once every day.
Dental Implants in Dexter, MI
You can learn more by browsing our website, but we encourage all interested patients to contact our office in Dexter, MI, to set up a consultation appointment. One of our oral surgeons can examine your condition, health history, and other factors to determine if they are the right solution for your needs. We are happy to answer all of your questions, and we look forward to restoring your smile at our state-of-the-art surgical center in Dexter, MI.