The entire Michigan Oral Surgeons team is excited to resume both emergency and elective treatments again and fulfill your oral health needs. We are scheduling appointments now.
Our Doors Are Open
For Our Community
We are now scheduling appointments. If you need oral surgery care, our team is here for you.
If you cannot visit the office, we are offering online video consultations for you to be evaluated by a specialist.
Keeping You Safe
We are taking additional measures to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff while our office remains open.
Our Commitment to Health & Safety
As always, our practice takes every precaution to keep patients and staff safe and healthy. While we have always adhered to and exceeded the standards for decontamination set by OSHA, we are going one step further and incorporating the latest CDC guidelines.
The Measures We Are Taking To Protect Our Patients
We ask you to keep the following in mind prior to and during your appointment:
- We will not treat anyone with a fever, cough, or any other symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Pre-appointment and consent forms may be sent electronically prior to your appointment to reduce the use of paper forms within the office.
- We ask that you wait in your car and call the office to let us know that you have arrived. To complete all the additional safety precautions, we request that you arrive at least 15 minutes early to your appointment. We will notify you when you can enter the building, and a staff member will escort you to a treatment room.
- You must bring and wear your own mask/face covering when you enter the office. Please bring a small Ziploc® bag/purse to store your mask during treatment.
- We will take your temperature prior to entering the office.
- ONLY the patient being treated may enter the office for their appointment. All others accompanying you will wait in the car. Our waiting room is closed. Please plan accordingly.
- Once escorted back to the operatory, you will need to wash your hands at the sink with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Prior to treatment, we will ask you to complete a mouth rinse.
How We Are Protecting the Safety of Our Staff & Doctors
We are taking additional steps toward ensuring the safety of our staff.
- We screen every staff member with daily questions and temperature checks. We also enforce a stay-at-home policy for any employee reporting symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will schedule to help decrease the number of people in the office and to promote social distancing.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at the front desk.
- Our staff will continue to wear PPE (gowns, gloves, N95 masks, and face shields) as outlined by the CDC.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants to clean all high-touch surfaces and treatment rooms before and after each patient.
- We continue to practice the latest in sterilization protocols.
- Because our staff is wearing additional PPE, the office will be heavily air-conditioned. Please bring additional layers if you may get cold. We are not offering blankets for patients at this time.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO PATIENTS: If you or someone in your household have a fever, cough, or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and don’t come to the practice. Your doctor may request an online video consultation if you are displaying symptoms.
At Michigan Oral Surgeons, we appreciate the ongoing support from our patients, referring providers, families, and friends. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while these measures are put into effect.
For questions or clarification about these measures, please contact us at: